10:51 PM

And now for something completely different


Yup, still on day two. After the Acropolis, Kristine led us into the gardens and found us a nice little spot where we could gather 'round and listen to readings from Herodotus, courtesy of Joe. We had our own pack of stray dogs in tow, led by our #1 pooch who I affectionately called "Smoochie" (although he had many names in our group). This little guy climbed to the top of Lykavittos hill with us, and we saw him multiple times throughout our trip. But I digress!

While I can't tell you exactly what we talked about during this little session, I can tell you a few things:

  1. The richest man in the world was Croesus
  2. The wisest man in the world was Solon
  3. The happiest man in the world was Tellus... or maybe it was Cleobis & Bito
I'll have to check with Kristine's notes for this one. That girl journaled everything. Actually, now that I think about it, those might be all mixed up. At least I remember the names, right?

Here are some of my favorite Joe-moments:


(From left to right: Joe & dog, Joe as Jack Sparrow, Joe as moon?)

That night several of us went out for our first experience with Greek nightlife.. however Greek nightlife doesn't really begin until around 1am, and the group thought it would be a good idea to leave at 9pm (because of our early wake-up calls). Basically, our night consisted of us Americans and a handful of Canadians in a tiny club a few blocks from our hotel. It was fun, but not at all an authentic experience.

And with that, I can conclude day two!!! You're in for a long ride, friends.

0 comments:

Post a Comment