7:03 PM

Lonely day

The next day I was feeling a bit under the weather... so I wasn't able to join the rest of the group on the trip to Epidaurus (see the links on the right side of my blog to check out their posts about this day). Instead, I slept and tried to recover a bit. I also ventured out all on my own in Nauplion, out to one of the kiosks that can be found everywhere in Europe. I had previously seen this sign, and decided to pick some up for my brother-from-another-mother back home (really, he tells people I'm his sister), since this particular brand happens to be a favorite of his, and is unavailable in the States. Despite being a French brand, the package had all Greek writing on it still. While I do not in anyway condone his habit, I thought it would be a nice gift.



Once everyone FINALLY got back (it wasn't too bad, luckily it was only a half-day) I was feeling much better, so Tracie and I decided to go exploring in town. That girl was hell-bent on finding a decently-priced silver necklace with the Greek key on it.. which seems like an easy task, right? Wrong.

Either way, it gave us an excuse to wander about the pedestrian streets of Nauplion. Nauplion was definitely my second favorite town (after Arachova, of course). Nauplion (or Naflpion or Nafplio) is a little seaport town in the Peloponnese. It was the first capital of modern Greece, from 1829 to 1834.





Later on in the day, Joe organized an optional trip to the archaeological museum they had there, and there was no way I was missing out on anything else that day, so I tagged along! While we were wandering through the exhibits, Sara told me her interpretations of the stories that they had heard that day. Joe might just have some competition!



Hey! Did you know that Athena was originally associated with a rooster?
Kyle: "But why was it a rooster?"
Cutie at the museum: "Because it was before the owl"

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I seriously wanted to jump that guy at the museum

Post a Comment