12:04 AM

Greece: Grocery bagged

Yes, our last day in Greece, which was appropriately in Athens. We had another free day (as Roula had left us two days prior and we'd already done pretty much all the touristy things to do there). Most of us did the remainder of our souvenir shopping that day in the Plaka.

After doing whatever shopping I had left, I went back to the hotel and found Andrew who was just about to head out to the spa at the Hotel Grande Bretagne.. aka the big fancy-pants hotel right next to Syntagma Square. I was in desperate need of a pedicure, so I joined him.

After that, Andrew, Dan, Danielle and I enjoyed our last Greek-style lunch at a place they had been to before. It was dee-lish, and this time there was no rabbit for Dan to eat in front of me.

Our last night in Athens was also our last group dinner. Before going out, our group of 28 (plus Thalia & Mr. Karey-- our affectionate name for Karey's husband) had a big fat photo sesh:

Evidence of our freshly pedicured feet

But seriously now: aww



Sara & me

Joe & Thalia 

Kristine & me

Me & Tracie

Me & Joe!! 

Now that was madness, but we finally made it out alive and celebrated the end of our trip with a big fat Greek dinner. 

Blurry, but you get the point
I think the attitude this night was somewhat somber, as most of us were thinking about how this would be our last night in this wonderful place.

On the way back from dinner we took one last stroll through the Plaka (and even more pictures ensued:)

Kyle & me

Kelsey & me
I wish I could have stayed out longer, but I had a flight to catch to Madrid the next morning, and had to be up in the wee hours of the next morning to get on the bus to take us to the airport.

I've never been very good at goodbyes, or conclusions of any sort for that matter. I can say, however, that this was undoubtedly one of the most amazing experiences of my life. The people I met and the places I saw will never, ever be forgotten. 

I'm choosing not to formally end this blog, because it is my intention to include my pictures from my travels after Greece (re: Madrid & Rome)... despite the limitations I might have put on this blog when naming it. Oh well, what can you do...


0 comments:

Post a Comment