6:20 PM

Leaving on a jet plane

WELL, I thought actually getting to Athens, Greece would be a nightmare (I thought I would never make it). Nearly all of my fellow classmates had people on their flight, but I was all by myself! This was because I chose to book a roundtrip flight from San Diego, CA to Rome, Italy (where I would end my trip) and then a separate flight from Rome to Athens. Needless to say, nobody else chose this option.

Obviously I made it alive and well, and with only one minor scare of not making my flight in Rome. I didn't get my boarding pass until about 5 minutes before people started boarding the plane. Only a minor panic attack ensued. I made it on, only to wait in the plane for another 30 minutes. I was already the last person scheduled to arrive in Athens, and I was beginning to worry that my flight would be so delayed that the bus waiting to take us to our hotel would leave without me.

But like they say, all is well that ends well. I actually ended up landing and getting my bags before Joe (our professor) and several others got their own bags, and there was no way they were going to leave Joe behind!

After seeing some familiar faces at the airport, I knew that the worst behind me. If I could make it from San Diego to Athens by myself, I could do pretty much anything.

0 comments:

Post a Comment