11:28 PM

Just take me to where the jewelry is...

Can I just take a second to let everyone know that I have been trying my hardest to catch up to Sara and her pale-person blog, and I FINALLY thought I had caught up to her. But no, she's gone and blown me out of the water again. I'm just going to attribute that to her having no life (justkiddingIloveyou!!).

ANYWHO, I say that because I just read up on her Mycenae post and laughed my little heart out, so please, either read mine or hers. Mine is just going to be a disappointment in comparison (and most likely bore you to death).

Entrance to the Treasury of Atreus
The first place Roula took us this day was the Treasury of Atreus, aka the Beehive Tomb! This is believed to be the tomb of Agamemnon.

Please, just check out this little image I snagged off the interwebs:


SO EFFING COOL, despite the fact that I felt like the entire thing was going to collapse on us while we were in there.

Beehive tombs can be found all over Mycenae, and are almost all cut into the hillside like this one.


Inside the beehive!
Me & Kristine, aren't we just precious?




Then, we went to go visit the Lions Gate................. which I didn't get a picture of............................... don't even ASK how that was possible. I think I was distracted by all of the bugs stinging/biting people, and Joe doing things like this:

Oh well, what can you do? (besides cry yourself to sleep at night, I mean)



After hiking to the top of the hill, we came back down and went inside the little museum they had there. Had an interesting conversation with Joe about two pieces of pottery (and by conversation, I mean Joe talked while I listened and nodded my head occasionally):

Cross-hatching

Polka-dotting



Here is the question that Joe posed: are these attempts to create a new variation of colors.. or something more? Say, especially in the case of the dots, an attempt to create depth? Look closely and maybe you'll see it.




After the museum Roula had a real treat in store for us: a workshop! Where they made pottery, lots of knick-knacks, and most importantly... jewelry! The whole trip I was told that Mycenae had the best jewelry, and I was just waiting to get my hands on some. Andrew and Tracie convinced me to buy this super-fab ring, which I loved to death.. until I lost it in a 7-story mega-club in Madrid. Seriously, I almost cried when I realized I'd lost it.



Once we were finally ready to leave, we realized that a kitten managed to get itself stuck up inside the bus. Poor Yiannis, he had to dirty his nice clothes:

Down & dirty

But, like they say, all is well that ends well. The tiniest kitten you've ever seen eventually came scampering out, after numerous search & rescue attempts were made.

Hooray!!
One last picture, for good measure (and because it's so cute!):

Katie and I..... inside mine and Kelsey's Princess Room. Not quite sure why Katie was in there... oh well!


0 comments:

Post a Comment